With regulations, stay-home orders and health guidelines changing every day, it’s important, now more than ever, to stay in constant communication with your clients.
We’ve compiled a list of best practices businesses can use to stay in touch with their audience while staying relevant. The most important aspect is to actually have a website for your business!
Here are 5 ways to best stay in touch with your audience.
- Have a notice on your website outlining any changes that may have taken place, like how you’re still performing your service, new hours, ways to reach you, etc. It may not be obvious to your clients that you can still perform your service digitally or in a different way.
- Update your website with items you are offering to have delivered or picked-up curbside. If they can’t come in and see your menu, they’ll need to know their choices from somewhere. Include clear instructions on how your customers can order, when they can order and how they can pay.
- Keep your social media updated! If suddenly you need to change your schedule, if you’re offering a new delivery service or if you’re just an essential business and you’re open, let people know that.
- Send an email. This one is so important to do but also, don’t forget your audience is inundated with communication right now. Save the emails for the most important updates and to occasionally stay in touch.
- Show off a little! If your business is doing some good in the community (making lunches for kids in town, collecting items for those in need, etc), share it. You can be proud when you do these things without being boastful. It may encourage other businesses to step up their volunteerism, too! A picture on Facebook or Instagram of all of the lunches you made is great, and everyone is looking for some good news, happiness and positivity right now. And people like to support business who are supporting our community.
You may be busier than ever now, depending on your industry and marketing may be the least of your worries. If so, we’re here to help and even have Automated Marketing that allows for immediate customer communication. Don’t hesitate to reach out.
And if you’re not sure what your next steps should be going forward with your business, check out some of our recent positive ideas for business owners, here.