Social Media content calendars make planning and scheduling your posts incredibly easy. But if you’re wondering, How do I even create a content calendar?, you’ll be happy to hear we’ve done a lot of the work for you!
Creating posts that your audience will love takes consistency and focus. Follow these tips to come up ideas for your business; you can even use your content calendar strategy for your email campaigns, podcasts, ad schedule, etc.
- Focus on your Audience! Make your posts more about them and less about you.
- Answer questions. Your clients ask a lot of questions. Use those to pick topics for your posts.
- Be personable. Even in the most serious of business industries, it’s ok to be human and relatable in your posts.
- Positive posts please! Don’t create posts complaining about competitors or clients. Tout your good qualities without putting people down.
- People love people. Posts about employees and clients and business partners always do great. Think anniversaries, birthdays, new business relationships, etc.
- Use holidays as filler. Posting new ideas all the time can be overwhelming. It’s ok to wish your clients “Happy Holiday of the week/month, etc.” and save the meaty posts for other days.
Once you decide on a few categories like reviews, employee recognition, product launches and frequently asked questions, lay them out for the month, varying days and times. Once you get started, you’ll often find the ideas start flowing.
We’ve created a FREE downloadable content calendar with tons of post prompts to rock your marketing and get your audience and employees engaging with your business. Feel free to steal our ideas and use some of your own to fill in the blanks for a well-rounded monthly social media strategy.