People love to eat! If your business involves food, then beautiful pictures of the food you offer should garner lots of engagement on Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn and anywhere else you post. Even if your business doesn’t involve delicious delicacies, you can still get creative with cuisine posts that show off your company in a friendly way. Professional services, we’re talking to you!
As you plan for your social media content posts, including National and International “Day of” posts are an easy way to relate to your audience with sharable snippets.
As an example, July 29th has a cornucopia of food days to celebrate; so hopefully you can make one work for your business!
- International Chicken Wing Day
- National Chili Dog Day
- National Lasagna Day
If your restaurant, catering company, brewery, etc, makes one of these items, your post is simple! Snap a picture and share it with your followers with a quick caption inviting people to celebrate the day with you.
If you don’t traditionally sell these items, here are some sample ideas…
- Have a chili dog cook-off among your employees and share pics from the fun.
- Post a picture of your lunch completely unrelated with the caption: “It’s not lasagna but we wish it was. Happy National Lasagna Day!”
- Order wings from a local joint and give them a shout out!
- Do a poll with 2 stock photos of lasagna, one red sauce, one with white. Ask your fans which they’d prefer.
- If you sell ice cream or cupcakes or something food related, but not these types of meals… Offer a freebie or discount if they come in with the code word “Chili dog” or “Lasagna”.
- Share your favorite lasagna or chili recipe. Bonus points if you turn it into a video. “Hi! I’m Sally, your favorite accountant. I’m taking a break from number crunching today to celebrate National Lasagna Day with my version of my mom’s special recipe.”
The content ideas are abundant when it comes to food. We’re happy to help you come up with a content strategy to get more interesting, engaging posts on your social platforms.
Have you downloaded our current content calendar yet? If not, click here and get 3 months of ideas to work into your social strategy!