We hear ya! One of the toughest parts of managing social media accounts is coming up with content that’s interesting and works for your industry.
Sometimes one of the simplest ways to come up with ideas is to go back to the basics. Here are some ideas:
- What is the ONE question you get the most about your business, service, or product? Answer that question. If you’ve done that already, answer it again, but in a different way. If clients are still asking, they still want to know. Maybe last time you posted a video with the helpful info. This time, try an infographic!
- Re-introduce yourself. With less than 3% of organic posts reaching the followers of a page, there’s a pretty good chance no one saw or remembers the post you did a year ago. You could post your company’s mission statement, a shortened version of the about section of your website or a bio about the owner. Remember to make it interesting and use a great image to go with the post.
- Scroll through your accounts and see what you’ve been posting. Is there anything missing that a newbie client would want to know? Is there a process you could explain, like how to order tickets or how to make reservations or set up a meeting? These basics are great to sprinkle throughout your fun and interesting content!
- Recap today! “Had a great meeting with a new client.” “It seems everyone wanted strawberry milkshakes today.” “Took an online course today on all the new products we’ll be offering.” You get the gist. Tell us about the day with your business. Heck, do a whole day-in-the-life post.
- Think about pets. It’s kind of cheap trick to post your playful puppy or friendly feline because it flat out gets engagement, every time. BUT, if there is a furry or feathered friend in your life, it couldn’t hurt to get them to pose with your logo, your merch or at your front door.
Hopefully some of these suggestions will clear your social writer’s block!
Have you downloaded our current content calendar yet? If not, click here and get 3 months of ideas to work into your social strategy!